Inspiring the next generation of explorers...
The CRSR Education & Public Outreach (EPO) Program strives to engage people's imagination, strengthen the understanding of science, and inspire the next generation of explorers through the unique character of space sciences. We provide support and resources to K-12 teachers, students, and informal educators. Faculty, graduate students, professional researchers, teachers, and volunteers develop and present workshops, talks, displays, lessons, and activities; and serve as mentors and advisers - to help link the research we do to the classroom and other educational settings.
CRSR EPO GOALS:
- Contribute to high quality K-12 science and technology education
- Contribute to scientific and technological literacy
- Provide professional development opportunities in space sciences for formal and informal educators
- Inspire students to pursue science careers, particularly from groups traditionally underrepresented in science and technology
- Foster partnerships to increase high quality space science education